Caesars Entertainment Celebrates 30 Years of Responsible Gaming with $1 Million Pledge to Advance Industry Efforts
"Thirty years ago,
- Project 21: In 1989,
Caesars Entertainmentimplemented the "Project 21" program, which educated its entire workforce that it is everyone's responsibility to deter underage gambling and service of alcoholic beverages to minors.
- Operation Bet Smart- All-Employee Responsible Gaming Training: Since 1993, all team members have been required to complete problem gaming awareness and educational training.
- Industry's First Helpline: In 1995, Caesars, in partnership with
AT&Tand the National Council on Problem Gambling, established the industry's first national toll-free helpline, (800) 522-4700, for gamblers who might need assistance. Caesars was also the first casino company to provide that helpline across a constellation of customer contact points.
- Nationwide Self-Exclusion: Caesars became the first gaming company to offer a nationwide self-exclusion and self-restriction program in 1999. This policy allowed a guest to request to have all privileges, including play privileges denied at all Caesars owned, managed, or operated properties.
- First Mass Media Awareness Campaign: Launched the first television campaign focused entirely on Responsible Gaming awareness in 2002, featuring senior executives as well as frontline team members.
- Industry Recognition: First gaming company to have its CEO recognized for lifetime contributions to responsible gaming by the
National Council on Problem Gamblingin 1990.
- Shaped Industry Code of Conduct: Developed the casino industry's first formal social responsibility code of conduct in 2000, which served as the model for the
American Gaming Association'sCode of Conduct that was enacted in 2003.
- First Ambassador Program: Launched the first Responsible Gaming Ambassador program in 2003, more than 15 years ago. Today, the program includes more than 1,200 active Ambassadors in
North Americawho are trained to assist guests who may show signs of a potential gaming problem.
- Accreditations from Third Parties: In 2012, Caesars Windsor received the first casino accreditation under the
Responsible Gambling Council's"RG Check" program, and in 2015 Caesars became the first gaming company in the UKto receive accreditation by ACE (Accreditation, Certification and Evaluation).
- In 2019, two meaningful third parties validated the work and commitment of
Caesars Entertainment'sprogram and its innovative efforts to help players in need, including the Honorable Cheryl Moss, who operates the only problem gambling diversion court in the country.
"I continue to be impressed by
All Caesars' team members are trained in Responsible Gaming protocol within 30 days of their hire date. In the past five years alone, Caesars' U.S. teams have spent more than 270,000 hours training in Responsible Gaming, which is the equivalent of 27 full-time employees.
For more information on Caesars' Corporate Citizenship, please follow @CitizenCaesars on Twitter or
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/caesars-entertainment-celebrates-30-years-of-responsible-gaming-with-1-million-pledge-to-advance-industry-efforts-300918496.html
Adrienne Prather-Marcos, Caesars Entertainment, email@example.com, (702) 659-3976, OR Megan Tucker, RF|Binder, Megan.firstname.lastname@example.org, (212) 994-7589